Monday, June 8, 2015

Revelry by Carmen Jenner


Review:
   

Quote: “I knew she loved him more than she had ever loved me. I knew, and still did everything I could to keep her. Everything but make her happy."


Took me awhile to post this review up. Just because I had to take a few minutes to figure how I really felt about this book. Not because I hated it, but because I was feeling so much dislike for one of the main characters. The book itself was AMAZING!!! but somewere at the 50% point I totally hit a hateful wall towards Ali. Ok so before I go on my rant lets introduce the many wonderful characters in this book. The book introduces us to a band called Taint, which includes a couple of band members. All wonderfully written in with their charassmatic funny personalities. Although this book is really written about Cooper and Levi the other band members constantly appear through out the book. Then we also have Ali. Miss wonderfully bipolar Ali Jones...sigh!. If my reading Junkies have not figured out yet, this book does include a pain on my ass love triangle. (Will try my hardest not to give anything away, promise). So as any book the introduction to all these characters grabs you from the get go. That's the wonderful thing about Carmen's writing she is always able to do that with every book I have picked up that's hers. Ali starts off as such a likable character. Kind, strong and just lovable but, I think when the book really gets into the twists and the turns your left asking WTH!?!?...Ali the lovable girl that you have felt so sorry for turns into the witch from hell..lol. (Ok im exaggerating..lol) But something to that. She becomes selfish and you start feeling soo bad for cooper. He becomes that alley puppy you want to pick up and take home to fix. Yea I did feel that way about Coop. Then we have Levi, ahh yes!.. that poor fool. I mean in general I think he was more collateral damage that in the end you are kind of taken back by how his ending ends. Just because through out the book he is written in as to kind of be immune to all the feeling crap that the other 2 are feeling and going through, which by the way makes him the entertaining one to read about. From the beginning I was hoping for the ending to be a little different than how it ended, was not very satisfied on the ending at all. Ok so now after my little rant I do have to clarify that this book really is worth reading. It may not be the story or ending you want, or at least that I wanted, but I did love the story. It was entertaining, funny and it definitely takes you through a bumpy ride. But I will definitely continue this series and read "Hurt" book 2. And hope that I wont be cussing my kindle out on the next book..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment