Saturday, September 10, 2016



Tittle: Just Friends
Author: Monica Murphy
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: Sept 13th, 2016

  It’s the end of summer. Just before I start senior year with my two best friends in the whole world. Dustin and Emily are everything to me. We’ve been inseparable since middle school, and when we’re together, nothing can go wrong.

But things aren’t always what they seem. Em’s turned into a drunken mess who parties too much. Dustin and I have hooked up a few times—and now he’s ready to take our relationship to the next level. Yet I’m not sure I want things to change. I’m scared if I take it any further with Dustin, our friendship will be ruined forever. Then there’s Ryan. The new guy. He’s hot. He flirts way too much. And Em has totally set her sights on him.

So when my best friend betrays me in the worst possible way, guess who’s there to help me pick up the pieces of my broken heart? Ryan. But he’s so confusing. Annoying. Sweet. Sexy. I want to trust him, yet he makes it so hard. What I really want is for everything to go back to the way it was before.

Before I found out that best friends make the worst kind of enemies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review

I mean these YA Books just keep getting better an better!!...Bravo Monica Bravo!!....This book was a crazy angst roller coaster and I loved every page and minute of it. The characters are completely likable and that would include the mean ones. Which let me add there is a handful ;) That's the best part of this book you have such a handful of amazing well developed characters that you get completely sucked in by the story.
Picture this , and without giving anything away of course. You have a group of friends getting together after a long summer away right before school starts and they come back to their friendship being completely different from how they left it. From that point on you are put into a rollercoaster ride of drama and lies without a stop until the very end of the book. And even then you want more of the story.
I do want to say that there is over the top Drama and a cliffhanger, but with all that, the cliffhanger is done perfectly and me personally cant wait for book 2 to be out already.....C'mon Murphy!! Lets start writing ;).
Overall this book is definitely 5+ read which is surprising even for me to give because I am not a big YA reader anymore. But this book is soo deliciously done, definitely cant wait to continue to read about the friend enemies.






No comments:

Post a Comment