Friday, May 8, 2015

Bully (Fall Away Series) By Penelope Douglas


Review:
   

Quote: “You were my tempest, my thunder cloud, my tree in the downpour. I loved all those things, and I loved you. But now? You’re a fucking drought. I thought that all the assholes drove German cars, but it turns out that pricks in Mustangs can still leave scars.”



When I picked up this book I had no idea that I had read something from this author. And I also really liked that book. She is the author of Stepbrother Dearest. I remember totally loving that book. This book was a little different, Jared and Tate grew up being best friends and being there for one another. Then one summer Jared goes away to have a visit with his dad and comes back a totally different kid. From that point on the relationship between Tate and Jared shifts completely. And the loving caring little boy that was once there is gone. And poor Tate ends up getting nothing but cruel hurtful torments from Jared and the whole school he turns against her. She puts up with the torment throughout the years. Then before senior year she leaves to France for a year and comes back a different person as well. She comes back a fighter. The weak, cowardly cry baby is gone, now she comes back stronger than ever. When they push she pushes back harder. The book picks up real nicely after she comes back from France. It totally wraps you up and captivates you from that point. Which is not far in at all. I know a lot of people did not really find this book their cup of tea i think I even saw the word distaisful in some reviews. I in the other hand thought this book was written magnificently. I think I picked up this book and not took it so serious. Took it for what it is, a book with a great story line. Just my opinion of course, and no disrespect to anybody else's. I really do think Penelope Douglas did such a wonderful job with this book and story line. She started this book with such a heart wrenching story and wrapped it up and gave us a story of love forgiveness and understanding. A must read, Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment