Monday, May 9, 2016




                                                                

Paul James loved Clara Bateman.
Hating her would have been easier.
She was the past, and he was hell-bent on keeping her there.
Or so he thought...


Craigslist Ad: DESPERATELY SEEKING EPIC

You’re my father.
I don’t know much about you. I know your name is Paul James, you’re a thrill seeker, and once upon a time you did stunts and people called you ‘Epic.’
I’ve been told you don’t know about me. That it’s complicated.
But for me it’s simple.
Here’s the thing: I’m twelve years old…and I’m dying.
And as much as this could crush my mother, I have to meet you before I go.
In time, I’m sure she’ll understand. She’s still in love with you.
So, Epic, if you read this, please come back. You don’t have to be my dad. You don’t even have to tell me you love me or you’re sorry. Just come see me.

Patiently waiting, but running out of time,

Neena

Were to even start with this amazing book!!...I could never give enough praise to DSE. I fell in love with this book from the Blurb. This was my first BN Toler read and I definitely would have not picked this amazing book up if it wasn't for my Insta girls insisting. Got to love my Girls... 

The moment I read the Blurb on Goodreads I knew that this book was special. I had never read anything like this. The whole concept of the story was so different. I'm sure there are many other books that tell a sad heartbreaking story and I'm sure I have read 1 or 2. But this book in particular was really one of a kind. There are just some books that stand all on their own.

The story is about a 12 year old girl named Neena, and she's dying. Don't worry not giving anything out that's not on the Blurb already....Promise!. This book is just so much more than a girl dying, is about her journey to find her father and find the person she is with him. The way all the characters come together is just so wonderful to see. They come together with so much ease. And I do have to say that the other characters bring so much to the whole story. So I seriously feel I need to give a short rundown on all the main characters.....Yes, promise it will be very short.
Clara: The strong hard working single mom that has endured everything with her daughter.
Paul: The absent father that comes back to find more than what he bargained for.
Marcus: Clara's biggest supporter and best friend, but side not it hasn't always been that way.
Neena: Definitely the one character that had me at hello ;)

The book and story is just not about tears and sadness, its just sooo much more than that. This book is life!!!...It brought me tears, love, laughter, and most of all it showed me what forgiveness and redemption really looks like. Yes believe or not we get a love story out of this. One that totally hits you out of left field. Just the right touch for this story. I hope everyone gets to read and see this book more that just about a sick girl, but
overall see the book as a big melting pot of characters that definitely bring this story of redemption to life. Perfectly done and definitely 5 AMAZING STARS!!!!

"Life's too short to be subtle." 





No comments:

Post a Comment