Thursday, September 10, 2015

Review -Ryker



Review:
(More of a 3.5)




Title: Ryker
Series: Steele Brothers #1
Author: Cheryl Douglas
Genre: Romance
Release Date: September 10, 2015







I was hoping when I read this book it would have been amazing. I had read some reviews, and all were praising the book so much. The story is about Ryker and Mackenzie Steel. A couple that has been married for 17 years. Mackenzie which I thought by the way was a little selfish...Just my thoughts though. Sits Ryker down and asks him for a separation. He feels blindsided and hurt by her decision of wanting this. And she feels lost and neglected by him. She was such a frustrating character for me to read....Sigh!. So the story really is about her finding her self and him winning her back. But sad to say this book just did not do it for me. I think maybe I went into it with very high expectations. I think most of the problem for me was the way the book started. The characters didn't seem to have any connection. I understand that the book was intended to start that way. But for a couple that's been married for so many years with two kids there was no type of connection, chemistry...A do want to say though, that I loved the ending. The characters were very well developed as well as the story. Yea I do think it was totally me. I am glad I got the opportunity to be able to read something from Cheryl D. And I can even say that I would totally take another chance on her books. 





No comments:

Post a Comment